In every organization, there is a hidden diversity—the diversity of Social Styles. Leveraging Social Style differences can lead to more effective collaboration, productive relationships, and greater productivity and business results. Recognizing others’ work preferences and adjusting to them allows for more efficient communication and the persuasive ability to influence others. Improving versatility reduces tension in relationships and enables people to focus efficiently on the task and work to be done.
Researched and developed by Wilson Learning, Building Relationship Versatility: Social Styles at Work (BRV) is built around a four-quadrant Social Styles matrix. After being profiled, participants are assigned a Social Style, interpersonal versatility rating, and specific versatility behaviors. During the workshop they learn how to identify others’ Social Styles and, based on understanding their own and others’ style, learn to modify their own behaviors to communicate more easily and effectively with others. During this 2 day workshop, participants will focus on the following key learnings:
The Business of Versatility
How to define the importance of versatility and the benefits it can have on work.
How to “read” the behavior of different people in order to accurately identify their Social Style & how to recognize the effect of one’s own style on others’ behavior.
Reflect on Style Expectations
How to reflect on the expectations and preferences people of different Social Styles have for those with whom they work and interact.
Modify Your Behavior
How to adapt working relationships with coworkers in order to meet their style expectations and preferences.
Managing Styles in Conflict
How to recognize others’ back-up behavior (fight/flight responses to stress) & how to describe the back-up behavior of each style and manage back-up behavior effectively.
How to meet others’ needs and expectations by modifying style behaviors. How to use specific behaviors (pace, voice, body language, focus) to display greater versatility in order to improve relationships and obtain better results.
Enabling Improved Performance
Building Relationship Versatility features various performance application, reinforcement, and support tools. These additional learning components— application exercises, job aid cards, electronic reinforcement tools, performance checklists, downloadable mobile app, etc.— ensure that participants can hone newly acquired skills and behaviors upon returning to work.
As a result of this program, participants will:
- Recognize the importance of versatility in personal and business success.
- Learn an approach for increasing effectiveness with others at work.
- Be able to accurately determine others’ Social Styles and be able to approach them in the most appropriate manner.
- Describe the expectations and preferences for each style & identify how these apply on the job.
- Find out how versatility is interpreted by others.
- Be able to communicate persuasively with each Social Style.
- Gain skills to effectively manage conflict & understand how and when to use various techniques to address fight and flight behaviors.
- Be able to adapt behavior to match others’ behavior. Improve versatility to build better relationships and influence others.
|Session Length:||2 Day Programs available|
|Participant Materials:||Participant Guide, job aid card, eLearning follow-up modules|